Our strategically located, 7 acre modular yard sits adjacent our 55,000sf state of the art fabrication and machine shop facility, in the heart of Prince George’s Danson/BCR Industrial Park.
With 70 ton overhead shop crane capacity, our secure and compacted assembly yard, and our expertise in transporting large, overdimensional and overweight modular components across Western Canada and beyond, via our access to shipping corridors right out our back door, Northern Steel Ltd. is well positioned to assist our customers in reducing project cost and risk, while improving quality and safety – this is our mantra here at Northern Steel Ltd.
Northern Steel Ltd. strives to provide superior and effective project solutions to our customers. Modular fabrication and construction delivers a number of advantages over conventional on-site construction.
- Eliminates field costs and uncertainties
- Reduces safety risks and exposures on job sites
- Controlled shop/yard working conditions allow for improved productivity and quality control
- Reduced site footprint and laydown/storage area
- Minimizes field disruption of other trades
- Off-site modularization minimizes interruptions to existing operations
- Improves construction schedules via improved productivity and efficiency
- Modular shop fabrication/assembly occurs in parallel with site works
- Weather delays are greatly reduced or eliminated
- In-shop trial fitting and testing ensures products will fit when they arrive on site
- Start-up time is minimized since modules are shipped fully assembled, tested and walked down prior to shipping
- Shop fabricated product can be delivered to site when needed
QUALITY WORKMANSHIP & CONDITIONS
- Welding, pipe-fitting and other fabrication and assembly processes are performed under controlled working conditions
- Shop fabrication and assembly quality is governed by ISO 9001 Quality Control System
- Improved quality with full compliance to ASME Sec. VIII Div 1, B31.1/B31.3/B31.9 and all other code requirements
- Highly trained and experienced assembly and fabrication tradesmen are currently employed by Northern Steel Ltd., ensuring consistent worker availability
- Testing is completed prior to shipment and any quality related concerns can be corrected prior to arrival at site
- Less site labor = Less safety risk
- Less site equipment = Less safety risk
- Site and project safety risks are reduced via fewer onsite OHS exposure hours and less site personnel
- Safety risks at shop are reduced because construction happens in ideal plant conditions
By shifting site work into Northern Steel Ltd.’s shop and yard via modularizing specific project components, Cost and Quality improvements, as well as reductions in Schedule and Safety incidents can be realized.
Northern Steel Ltd.’s central location is ideal for short delivery distances to most major industrial projects in Western Canada. We have successfully completed modular projects ranging up to 85 tons single piece and 24 feet in shipping width.