Northern Steel Ltd. is located on over 10 acres in Prince George, BC, situated in the Danson/BCR Industrial Park, close to the Prince George International Airport.
Our state of the art facilities house over 45,000sf of welding and fabrication space with up to 70 ton overhead lift capacity, as well as a fully outfitted 10,000sf machine shop with 20 ton lift capacity.
Our easily accessible, compacted 7 acre yard is fully fenced and secure, and is ideal for equipment storage, module fabrication, or other project-related staging.
At Northern Steel Ltd. we take pride in the work we do. All projects are overseen by our experienced shop team of journeyman fabricators, machinists and CWB/ASME welders in our on-site facilities. Our QA/QC team ensures that quality and turnover documentation exceeds what our clients expect. Our Project Managers ensure that customer schedules are met for on-time delivery, while providing continual progress communication so that project status is always known.
Our welding and fabrication facility and equipment list consists of:
- Overhead Cranes up to 70 Ton lift capacity and 35ft under hook
- Multiple Jib Crane stations to 3 Ton lift capacity
- Three Semi-automatic Submerged Arc Welders, including 14’x14’ gantry
- Multiple Cored Wire, Pulsed Arc and SMAW Welding Stations
- Handheld plasma
- Welding positioners, Vessel Rolls, Pipe Rolls, Turntables and more
- Drill Presses
- 300 Ton Hydraulic Press
- CNC Plate Rolls – 4 pinch roll configuration w/ cone attachment capable of 1” x 10ft
- Hyd Mech Saws up to 30” throat
- Break and Shear
- Ironworker – mechanical & hydraulic
- Plate Bevelling
- Sandblast and paint facility
Our machine shop facility and equipment list consists of:
- Horizontal boring mill
- Horizontal CNC boring mill
- Vertical lathe
- CNC lathes
- CNC Machining Centers
- Planer bed mill
- Line boring